You are here
DC U Street Food Tasting Private Walking Tour
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: TBA Upon Confirmation (Tour typically starts at the first tasting location on U Street.)
Activity Level: Easy/Moderate
This private walking tour allows guests to explore and experience the culinary delights of the famous U street neighborhood. Here guests will enjoy delicious tastings from locally owned restaurants and eateries. Guests will also learn about the history of the neighborhood and what makes it so interesting. Stops on the tour may vary slightly but guests are sure to sample some of the more classic flavors unique to the district and discover some new tastes and influences that have helped to shape the culinary evolution. During the tour guests will also get to see and hear the stories behind the local murals, building and sculptures defining the city's distinct heritage. This tour covers 2 miles of walking.
• Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
• Selected tasting of foods and drinks included
• Guide gratuity is not included
• 24-hour support phone number
• The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule.
• We recommend a start time around noon.
• This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
• Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
• The starting location is typically at the first tasting spot on the tour. Exact location (address) is to be advised upon confirmation.
• 3-hour private food tour with guide.
• The tour will start at the first tasting stop in the U street neighborhood. The tour stops are subject to availability and will be advised upon confirmation. This tour will explore the U street corridor and its' local eateries. Guests will also learn about the history from the rioting days until now (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
• All stops for tasting are at guide's discretion.
• Along the way guests may also connect with DC's Jazz community as they stroll down the street and may even hear tunes from DC's own Go-Go Music!
• A portion of the cost for this tour will be donated to Bread for the City, a charity that provides services to DC locals including provision of foods, clothing, legal and medicinal services.
• All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
• Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
• We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.